Directions from Pretoria to Steynshoop
GPS co-ordinates:S25 50.746 E27 34.850
1. Travelling time is approximately 70 minutes (out of rush hour).
2. Take the N4 (Magalies Toll Route), west, out of Pretoria.
3. After about 25 kms (from central Pretoria) exit onto to the road to Pelindaba and Broederstroom, R104.
4. After about a further 27 kms (note: do not take the turn off to Brits, to the right continue straight), you will come to a T-junction. Turn left, onto the R560, driving through Skeerpoort village.
5. Follow this main tar road for approximately 15-20 minutes. You will pass a sign (Hartbeesfontein) to a major dirt road to the right, with some broiler chicken buildings. Do not take this turning.
6. Continue until a second sign (Hartbeesfontein), after several kms, also to a major dirt road to the right. Take this road.
7. After about 2 kms, this dirt road goes over a bridge (over the Magalies River). About 200m after the bridge, up a hill, there is a turning to the left, signposted to Steynshoop, Kashan, etc. Take this road.
8. Continue on this road for about 5 kms. There are one or two forks off the road but always keep to the right, until you come to a fork where you enter a bluegum forest and there is a sign saying Private Road to Chapel Hill, Kashan, Steynshoop, only. Follow that sign, directing you to the left-hand fork.
9. After about 500 metres you will pass a sign on the left-hand side, saying Woodcutter's Cottage. Soon after this is a sign Steynshoop Valley Lodge, pointing to the Steynshoop entrance gate.
10. For Seynshoop Mountain Lodge, continue past this sign until you come to the main gate, after about 300 metres.